CompTIA Security+ is the certification globally trusted to validate foundational, vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills.
As a benchmark for best practices in IT security, this certification covers the essential principles for network security and risk management – making it an important stepping stone of an IT security career.
CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 - Training with Student Guide
The CompTIA® Security+® course is designed to help you prepare for the SY0-501 exam. Students will implement and monitor security on networks, applications, and operating systems, and respond to security breaches
This course is targeted toward an Information Technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based TCP/IP networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as OS X, Unix, or Linux, and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring a foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
✓ identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
✓ identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
✓ examine network security.
✓ manage application, data and host security.
✓ identify access control and account management security measures.
✓ manage certificates.
✓ identify compliance and operational security measures.
✓ manage risk.
✓ manage security incidents.
✓ develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans
Lesson 1: Comparing and Contrasting Attacks
- Compare and Contrast Information Security Roles
- Explain Threat Actor Types
- Compare and Contrast Social Engineering Attack Types
- Determine Malware Types
Lesson 2: Comparing and Contrasting Security Controls
- Compare and Contrast Security Control and Framework Types
- Follow Incident Response Procedures
Lesson 3: Using Security Assessment Tools
- Explain Penetration Testing Concepts
- Use Topology Discovery Software Tools
- Use Fingerprinting and Sniffing Software Tools
- Use Vulnerability Scanning Software Tools
Lesson 4: Comparing and Contrasting Basic Concepts of Cryptography
- Compare and Contrast Basic Concepts of Cryptography
- Compare and Contrast Cryptographic Attack Types
- Explain Hashing and Symmetric Cryptographic Algorithms
- Explain Asymmetric Cryptographic Algorithms
Lesson 5: Implementing Public Key Infrastructure
- Implement Certificates and Certificate Authorities
- Implement PKI Management
Lesson 6: Implementing Identity and Access Management Controls
- Compare and Contrast Identity and Authentication Concepts
- Install and Configure Authentication Protocols
- Implement Multifactor Authentication
Lesson 7: Managing Access Services and Accounts
- Install and Configure Authorization and Directory Services
- Implement Access Management Controls
- Differentiate Account Management Practices
- Implement Account Auditing and Recertification
Lesson 8: Implementing Secure Network Architecture Concepts
- Implement Secure Network Architecture Concepts
- Install and Configure Secure Switching Infrastructure
- Install and Configure Network Access Control
- Install and Configure Secure Routing and NAT Infrastructure
Lesson 9: Installing and Configuring Security Appliances
- Install and Configure Firewalls and Proxies
- Install and Configure Load Balancers
- Install and Configure Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Install and Configure Logging and SIEM Systems
Lesson 10: Installing and Configuring Wireless and Physical Access Security
- Install and Configure Wireless Infrastructure
- Install and Configure Wireless Security Settings
- Explain the Importance of Physical Security Controls
Lesson 11: Deploying Secure Host, Embedded, and Mobile Systems
- Implement Secure Hardware Systems Design
- Implement Secure Host Systems Design
- Implement Secure Embedded Systems Design
- Implement Secure Mobile Device Systems Design
Lesson 12: Implementing Secure Network Access Protocols
- Implement Secure Network Operations Protocols
- Implement Secure Remote Access Protocols
- Implement Secure Remote Administration Protocols
Lesson 13: Implementing Secure Network Applications
- Implement Secure Web Services
- Implement Secure Communications Services
- Implement Secure Virtualization Infrastructure
- Implement Secure Cloud Services
Lesson 14: Explaining Risk Management and Disaster Recovery Concepts
- Explain Risk Management Processes and Concepts
- Explain Disaster Recovery Planning Concepts
- Explain Resiliency and Continuity of Operations Strategies
- Summarize Basic Concepts of Forensics
Lesson 15: Summarizing Secure Application Development Concepts
- Explain the Impact of Vulnerability Types
- Summarize Secure Application Development Concepts
Lesson 16: Explaining Organizational Security Concepts
- Explain the Importance of Security Policies
- Implement Data Security and Privacy Practices
- Explain the Importance of Personnel Management
- Training by an expert trainer.
- CompTIA authorised course material (student guide)
Not included: -
- Lab access
- Exam voucher